It has always been our top priority to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our patients. With the ongoing concerns about the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, I would like to provide you with information about what the building and our practice is doing to guard your safety.
The building staff are regularly disinfecting the door, door handles and all surfaces in the lobby, as well as the elevator. As a matter of fact, one door remains open to minimize surface contact.
Our office has always followed protocols to protect our patients against the spread of infectious diseases but amid COVID 19 outbreak, we have taken extra measures.
THE FOLLOWING OUTLINES OUR DAILY ROUTINE IN THE OPERATORY:
- Before and after each patient, bacterial and virus cidal wipes are used to clean all surfaces touched by the patient, doctor and staff in the treatment room.
- All instruments are properly placed in autoclave bags and sterilized in the autoclave. Autoclave bags have indicators to verify if proper heat level were achieved. In addition, we routinely send in our spore indicator, which is placed in the autoclave, to verify that the process was successful.
- Before and after each patient, we wash our hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- New gloves and masks are used for every patient.
- New disposable plastic adhesives, sleeves, suction tips, syringe tips and tray covers are used for each patient.
THE FOLLOWING OUTLINES OUR DAILY ROUTINE AT THE FRONT DESK:
- Reception room chairs, chair arms, door handles, phones, pens, clipboards, countertop surfaces are routinely wiped/sprayed throughout the day using anti-bacterial/viral disinfectants.
- We screen patients over the phone to make sure that the patient is asymptomatic prior to their upcoming appointment. If the patient states that he/she has a cold or flu-like symptoms, has been near anyone with symptoms of the cold or flu is rescheduled for at least 14 days out. ANYONE who has been tested positive for the coronavirus is recommended to consult his/her primary doctor and to self-quarantine for at least 14 days. That patient will not be rescheduled until fully recovered.
- We also screen patients by asking the patient prior to their upcoming appointment, if the patient has recently been to a region with active COVID 19 outbreak. If so, the patient is recommended to self-quarantine for at least 14 days and to consult his/her doctor.
- Other family members and friends are not allowed to accompany the patient to their appointment, unless that person is a caretaker or a minor. The accompanying person must also be asymptomatic in order to keep the appointment.
- Our reception area is never crowded but we have been modifying our schedule in order to prevent crowding and allow patient distancing.
- We are also modifying doctors schedules to alternate treatment days to minimize crowding at the office.
- Upon arrival to the our office and prior to check-in, patient is advised to wash his/her hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Prior to procedures, patients are encouraged to swish with antibacterial rinse.
This is a constantly changing event and we will do our best to stay current with the CDC recommendations. With the protective measures mentioned above, rest assured that our office is a safe place. We will continue to strive to earn your trust and your valuable time at our office.
PLEASE FOLLOW OUR OFFICE ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MORE CURRENT UPDATES.